Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summertime is here...

Since school is out now, we have been staying just as busy as usual if not more so. We have been preparing for our fundraiser yard sale/hot dog sale we have started having each year to raise money for the Buddy Walk and then also trying to keep the kids entertained so they don't drive us crazy. It has been unusually hot here in the South; it usually isn't this hot until around the end of July or August but man has it been scorching. The humidity is wild and the temperatures are soaring. Thank goodness my in-laws live two houses down from us and have a pool we can relax in (when we have time).

Not only have we been collecting donations for the fundraiser and trying to sort through them and price the items so I do not have to do it all this Saturday morning before the sale starts, but we have been trying to keep up with the daily routines we have as well. Throwing Logan into our daytime routine has been a bit difficult since school let out because Laney just is not used to him being home all day yet. He is such a wonderful big brother but man it can get aggravating having to tell him to leave her alone all the time. He wants to help her so much but she is so independent it is proving difficult to teach him how to balance assisting her and teaching her. I am so grateful he is so loving and caring with her, sometimes he is jealous but after all, he is only 6 years old (almost 7).

I have also been trying to figure out the best options for me as far as school goes. I am having some trouble deciding the best place for me to try to go for my Nursing degree. Each school has different requirements and it is so frustrating trying to meet all of them so as not to waste a lot of time before I can apply to the program. At least I passed my state certification exam for Nursing Assistant earlier this month. I was very nervous about that but thankful it was not as bad as I anticipated. In North Carolina, you must be on the NA registry before you can be eligible to begin Nursing classes even if you are accepted in the RN program so I do at least have that requirement out of the way. These decisions are really hard when you have a family to think about...sometimes I wish I had went on to RN right out of high school but I would not change things if I could because I have a wonderful husband and children...hind sight is always 20/20 though...

Laney is becoming quite the stubborn little princess. She is very head strong and will tell you NO in a minute. She despises having her diaper changed but is completely not ready to potty train yet...very frustrating. She is very independent too. She will eat just about anything usually. She had her first dentist appointment last week and it went pretty well other than her screaming to the top of her lungs because they wanted her to lay down and she hates that because she thinks she must go to sleep if she is laying down. It will get better each time I hope though. Developmentally she is doing pretty well...her fine motor skills are more delayed than her gross motor skills and speech is doing somewhat better now. She likes to sign "apple" and "banana" now and she LOVES to perform the chicken dance...too cute.

Well, I suppose that brings you up to date for now...hopefully I can be better at posting this summer since I am not in school...hopefully...until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment